Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Meet Will.I.Am.

Will.I.Am, the brainchild of the Black Eyed Peas, visited us at work today. Unlike John Legend, who actually held a concert for us, Will.I.Am sat down and had an interview session with our host, and then proceeded to show us the processes he takes to produce a beat. He brought in recordings he made from the previous night of him on the drum, keyboad, bass, and mic (he had a 4 minute freestyle recording about Google) and edited, spliced, and mixed them to create a hot ringtone.

It's always a trip for me to meet such talented individuals. Society glamorizes their celebrity to make us think that they're completely different from us, but this interview session revealed to us that he is a very down to earth guy. In fact, he's quite dorky, which made the entire event quite entertaining. For example, he'd explain to us that he needed to enhance the bass using a plug-in on ProTools to "bootify" it. Without it, the bass apparently had no booty. Hehe.

During the meet and greet, my camera decided to die on me. So props to Pam Shore for coming through and taking this pic of the day for me.

No comments: