Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Meet Petey.

Petey is a yellow Labrador whose owner works on my floor. He's the friendliest dog I've met so far while working at Google.

At our old building, Petey's owner would let him off the leash and wander around the office, which he absolutely loved. There would be times when I'd be at my desk, focused on my work when I feel a nudge and notice him trying to get my attention. In fact, one time, he dropped a tennis ball in front of me and the backpedaled, while waiting excitedly for me to do something with it. Apprehensively, I rolled the ball in his direction, at which he ran full force to attack the ball, then he proceeded to drop the ball at my feet again and backpedaled, awaiting my response. This went on about ten more times and then finally, when I knew I had to get back to work, I lured him back to his owner with the same tennis ball.

It's dogs like him that make me really appreciate the dog policy that we have. And I'm definitely glad we don't have cats here.

1 comment:

The EdRocker said...

I love this dog. He reminds me of my ex-roommates' dog.