Thursday, February 1, 2007

An Evening with Shane & Shane.

You may have noticed that this has been the third concert I've attended in the past four days. Crazy, I know. The Shane & Shane concert was brought to my attention last week, and without prior knowledge of John Legend's visit, I decided to join the group that were going to this concert. I even left work early to meet up with Lisa and Daniel and we headed off to Berkeley to meet up with the rest of the gang. While the night was pretty long, as I got home at around 11:45PM, I really enjoyed this evening.


This has been the third time I've seen Shane & Shane live, and each time is extremely special. To have a pair of my favorite contemporary Christian artists lead a congregation into worship is something absolutely incredible. Although much of their set was the same as the concert I went to in September in Cary, NC, I enjoyed it immensely.

This last picture was taken as they sang "Embracing Accusation," a song that Shane Everett wrote about how the devil often twists the Word to try to bring us down. It isn't on any of their albums yet, and having heard the testimony to the song and the actual song live twice now, it's an incredibly moving piece. The context of this song is taken out of Galatians 3:10-14, where we are often misled into forgetting the last two verses, but instead focus on the curse of our sin. But, as they sing, the devil sings over us the first two verses, and forgets the refrain...Jesus saves.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us,
for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham
might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,
so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
-Galatians 3:13-14

No comments: