Friday, February 2, 2007

Meet Erika.

Erika is a trip. As a member of our small group and a fellow Googler, we often share rides on Fridays to attend 24/7 in the city. On this particular evening, we decided to take the shuttle to Monster Park and carpool with Jeff to small group. As Christina and Jeff were busily chatting away in front of me, I was enjoying watching a movie on my laptop when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Erika whipped out her ginormous headphones that she brought from work. Although I tried to ignore the site of my petite friend in her massive headphones, I noticed a few minutes later that she had even more humorous mannerisms.

I looked up from my screen to see her head bobbing up and down, not to a steady beat, which indicated that she was in that nodding off stage. And while her head was bouncing to the rhythm of the shuttle's engine, I noticed that her fingers were still typing at lightning speed. And then the following thought came to mind:

"I've heard of sleep-walking. But is she sleep....typing?"

I proceeded to laugh and document this event. So yes, among other reasons, Erika, and her alter ego Audrey, is a trip. I guess I'll have to explain Audrey in a later entry as well...

No comments: