Sunday, January 7, 2007

Thank you, Mr. Naismith.



We played some streetball before church today. While I was subbing out, I remembered that I still hadn't taken any pictures today for Project 365. I took out my camera and proceeded to look for an interesting action shot. As I was waiting for the right moment, I stared at the opposite side of the court and noticed a potential shot. After mentally framing it, I went for the shot, and here you see the final result.

The thing that I love about this shot is that it's so simple that it looks like this picture could have been taken anywhere. In fact, if I hadn't taken this shot, I would have guessed that this picture was taken at a playground in Korea or Russia (as the building in the background reminds me of those seen in those two countries). And as simple of a concept as the game of basketball is, it's such a physically graceful sport. So thank you, Mr. Naismith - I guess good things come out of Canada after all.

No comments: