Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...


This evening, after work, I headed to the airport to catch my flight out to North Carolina. I took tomorrow off so that I could make it to NC by Friday morning instead of Friday late night, because I did not want to miss a moment of the coming weekend.

My home church, Grace Mission Ministry (GMM), is holding its annual spring retreat this weekend: Response 2007. I had not seen most of my church family since September and some other special person since November, and so I've been looking forward to this trip for a while now. However, that anticipation was followed by disappointment when I realized at the airport that
the flight crew from the previous route was late, delaying the first leg of my flight, and ultimately forcing me to re-route and lose several precious hours. So what should have been a departure at 8 resulted in a departure at closer to 11.

However, I wasn't gonna let anything ruin my mood for the upcoming weekend. And as I waited for my flight, I snapped away...

No comments: