Sunday, January 21, 2007

I go to church.

While on my way to church this evening, I was desperately looking for a shot before service. I knew that because we'd be hanging out and having dinner after church, it'd be harder to find one later into the night. The sky was getting darker, so the option of an outdoor shot was running slim. At the same time, I really wanted to shoot outside because I noticed that the pictures that I've taken recently have mostly been indoor shots. Needless to say, there was a sense of urgency, and time was running short.

As I exited my car and proceeded to leave the parking lot, I was vigorously scanning my surroundings to see if I could snap a quick picture before it was too dark. But to my avail, I wound up with nothing. Dejected, I headed across the street to the church, when I saw something I hadn't noticed before: the entrance sign to our church. I quickly pulled out my camera and adjusted the ISO and metering, hoping that even under the dim light, something could emerge.

And there it was, the shot of the night. I love it. The picture seems to capture the message of welcoming everyone into the fellowship of light. Quite symbolic indeed.

No comments: