Thursday, January 18, 2007

I haven't forgotten...



I saved this thing that my friends from my campus fellowship made for my graduating class' senior banquet last April. One of the first things I did when I moved in was hang it up on my wall. I don't know why I did it, or even why I still have it up. I guess something as simple as these notes make home feel a little bit closer.

Every so often, I take some time to re-read the notes they wrote me, and I become homesick and peaceful at the same time. So much has happened in the past eight months. I moved away from the one place that felt like home to settle into this city. And although I long to move back and enjoy the life I once had, I remind myself that I cannot live in the past. I guess that's what makes the reunions that much better...

No comments: