Thursday, April 12, 2007

Miyazaki Keeps Me Company.

My mind needs a break. After hearing of my grandmother's passing, I bought the next plane ticket out to Jersey for her funeral service. With all the craziness that's been going on in my life, I was glad that I got some time to just sit and let my brain numb out while waiting for the plane to start boarding.

When I approached the gate, I realized that I had alot more time than expected, so I put in Porco Rosso, one of Hayao Miyazaki's earlier films. It's quite different from his more recent stuff like Spirited Away, but just as entertaining. This was Miyazaki's first film in which he was targeting an older audience, and while the film did seem a bit more "dramatic," it had elements that appeal to people of all ages. Before I sound like another movie critic, I'm just gonna end by saying that I recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good animated feature or anyone who wants to just take a break from life for a little bit.

No comments: